Today’s guest is sleep coach to elite performers and the leading sport sleep coach in the world, Nick Littlehales.
Nick is the author of the phenomenal bestseller Sleep: The Myth of 8 Hours, the Power of Naps, and the New Plan to Recharge Our Body and Minds.
He is also the former chairman of UK Sleep Council, and his clients range from international sports teams and athletes to major companies. Today I’m talking to Nick about how to make sure our sleep provides us with maximum recovery so we can perform at our highest level.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
“It is still a little bit of a void in our days, in our weeks, where we wander into this area, and once we’re in it we have no control over what we’re going to get.” – Nick Littlehales
- How Nick became the guru of sleep
- The importance of understanding sleep
- How important sleep is for performance
- The problems you’ll face if you don’t get good sleep
- The most common myths about sleep
- Why we believe we should only sleep in one block
- The danger of trying to catch up on sleep
- How blue light helps and hinders us
- Why you can’t overstimulate your brain
- The importance of planning and creating a routine
- Why naps are worth taking
- Why it’s important for your bedroom to be cool
- What is the R90 sleep system?
“When you keep pushing blue light into your system, you’re just looking in the mirror and saying ‘stay awake.’” – Nick Littlehales
“Every ninety minutes throughout the day, give your brain a chance to download and deal with all the information you’re getting.” – Nick Littlehales