Today my guest is Ollie Ollerton, retired British Special Forces and star of the TV series SAS: Who Dares Wins.
Ollie joined the Royal Marine Commandos in 1990 at the age of 18, and a year later served in Operation Desert Storm in Iraq. In 1994 he completed British Forces selection and joined the Special Boat Service (SBS), where he undertook many overseas missions including counterterrorist operations.
These days, Ollie has moved to the private sector, where his company BREAK-POINT coaches those business world on leadership and operational success.
Today I talk to Ollie about his time serving, how to unlock your warrior spirit, and the value of mental toughness.
Subscribe on ITUNES, STICHER RADIO
“If you put your mind to anything, you can achieve anything; You can adapt, you can learn, you can overcome situations and excel at them.” – Ollie Ollerton
- The relationship between the SAS and the SBS
- What allows Ollie to operate at a high level
- How to smash limiting beliefs
- The importance of adaptability
- Why you should focus on setting goals
- How to unlock your warrior spirit
- Being determined to achieve your goal
- Help for you to develop life skills
- The value of mental toughness in civilian life
- How to harness the power of your emotions
- Why you should acknowledge the obstacles
- How to breathe…. recalibrate…. and deliver!
- Why you should lead from within
- The importance of being aware of your ego
“You can have the best education in the world, the best training in the world, but without determination, you won’t get anywhere.” – Ollie Ollerton
“Leadership is all about giving people that work for you the confidence to walk in your footsteps.” – Ollie Ollerton