Today I’m talking to former FBI counterintelligence and undercover agent LaRae Quy.
During her career in the FBI, LaRae exposed foreign spies and recruited them to work for the US government. She is now a leadership and mental toughness coach.
LaRae is also the author of Secrets of a Strong Mind and Mental Toughness for Women Leaders.
Listen in as we discuss her experience and insights into mental toughness: what it is, why you need it, and how to develop it.
Subscribe on ITUNES, STICHER RADIO
“If you don’t know yourself, you’re going to have a very hard time knowing what is best for you as you move forward.” – LaRae Quy
- The four components of mental toughness
- What is emotional competence
- Why empathy is so important
- How to communicate
- Why you have to be resilient
- The importance of a positive attitude
- Why you shouldn’t suppress your emotions
- Why negative emotions are stronger than positive emotions
- How to control your mind
- How to increase your awareness
- How LaRae became so tough
- Why you have to be yourself
- The importance of pushing yourself
- How to get out of your comfort zone
- What are the differences in mental toughness of men and women
- The importance of empathy
“Mental toughness is managing your thoughts, emotions, and behavior in ways that will set you up for success.” – LaRae Quy
3 Pieces of Advice to Develop Mental Toughness:
- Work on self-awareness
- Adjust your attitude
- Find your tribe
“It all starts with awareness. Once you have that then you can work on developing your confidence, busting through self limiting beliefs, be flexible with goals.” – LaRae Quy