Today’s guest is Daniel McGinn, senior editor of the Harvard Business Review and author of ‘Psyched up – –
In this episode Dan explains what we can all learn from how top performers and athletes prepare for their big challenges and use their techniques and strategies for when we prepare for a big sales meeting, presentation, interview, negotiation or exam.
I really enjoyed my conversation with Dan which covers some very interesting ground including:
- Whether it is better to be calm or excited?
- Converting nerves to excitement
- The value of making rehearsals stressful and unpredictable
- The pre-performance routines of
- Stephen Colbert
- Carly Simon
- Jerry Seinfeld
- Whether pre-performance rituals work?
- The power of playlists
- The pros and cons of performance enhancing drugs
I also found out during our conversation that Dan and I had something very unexpected in common….
Subscribe on ITUNES, STICHER RADIO
GET A COPY OF DANIEL’S BOOK