Today’s guest is Caroline Webb, CEO of Sevenshift, Senior Advisor to McKinsey and author of How to Have a Good Day.
Caroline is CEO of Sevenshift, a firm that shows people how to use insights from behavioral science to improve their working life. Her book on that topic, How To Have A Good Day, is being published in 16 languages and more than 60 countries. She is also a Senior Advisor to McKinsey, where she was previously a Partner.
Listen in as we discuss ways to improve our performance, the power of implementation intentions, and how to overcome and harness our stress and anxiety in daily life.
Subscribe on ITUNES, STICHER RADIO
“There are really only a few things you need in your toolkit at the end of the day, you just need to find the ones that really work for you.” – Caroline Webb
- How Caroline’s economics teacher guided her towards behavioral science
- How science has shaped Caroline’s work, and will shape it in the future
- The three basic tenets of “How to Have a Good Day”
- Why the simplicity of the science made a better book
- The biggest recent developments in how we understand our performance
- The importance of setting our intentions
- What could be a more positive assumption?
- The power of implementation intentions
- Why multitasking takes more energy and creates a worse result
- The simple exercise that shows the efficiency of single tasking
- Why taking walks increases brainpower and reduces stress
- How to reframe perceived threats into challenges, and why it works
- How to gain awareness of unconscious emotional cues
- Why you could substitute generosity for your morning caffeine
“Get yourself focused on what’s possible and what’s positive in the situation you have.” – Caroline Webb